Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Where is my raise?

The lady who I work with who left the country for an undetermined amount of time decided to come back on Monday. She just sent us all an email letting us know she was in the office. WTF? Thanks for checking in the past 4 weeks to let us know when you were coming back, where all your files were, etc. If I were in my last job, someone surely would have been fired over this. Here, you can do a lot of stupid crap and keep your job. Good to know. Maybe I’ll start playing online poker, or selling social security numbers during lunch…I have to be warned like 3 times before I get fired, right? Ohhh the joys of government jobs.

Today’s comment of the day:

“Be sure to check your odometer to track your mileage for your meeting at the other campus.”

Me- “I use google maps to track mileage.”

“Oh really? I never thought of that. You’re so smart.”

Yep, that is why I get paid the big bucks, folks. Google maps. I have also shown them how to cut & paste, use survey monkey….you know, the technical stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment