Monday, April 18, 2011

What a weekend! Full of highs and lows, but mostly good. This morning I'm just recovering from the backlash of expressing my opinion. Sometimes, I guess if you don't have anything nice to say, you shouldn't say it at all. It's just hard to know those boundaries with family and biting my tongue when I think I know best.



Friday: I got out of work early because we had our annual college awards banquet. I have never gotten free food out of this place, so I was sure to get my share! Actually, a textbook company provided it all, so I still have yet to have a meal from them! Perhaps that is fine because I packed on nearly 5 pounds due to the weekly Chick-Fil-A at my last job. I got home, caught some Oprah, played with Patton in the pool, pulled some weeds and then enjoyed 15 pages of the poetical argument in Plato's Republic.


Saturday: Grocery shopping, unsuccessful bathing suit shopping, napping, article summarizing and then dinner/drinks at Bar Louie. If you have a Bar Louie near you, sign up for their email newsletter and you'll get $10 off your 1st purchase! www.barlouieamerica.com/

Sunday: Cooked Billy some greasy breakfast to nurse his 4 drink hangover, bathed Patton because he rolled in bird vomit/feces, church, mopping/laundry, and then we headed to the beach for our Baptism!



I grew up going to church and asked my parents when I was about 10 if I could get baptized, but they said that I was too young to make that decision. Billy was baptized around the age of 4 or 5 but very rarely went to church. This has been a decision that was long overdue for me, but we have never lived in one place for more than a year to get involved enough to do this. Our church doesn't have one of those pulpit pools, so the beach was the only option. Not my ideal venue, given that it is spinner shark season, but everyone made it through unscathed! We're both extremely happy with our decision!

No comments:

Post a Comment