Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The other day I was watching one of my new favorite channels, The Oprah Network and they were reviewing the show they did on military families. Tom Brokaw came in to talk to Oprah and her staff and told them that if you don't know anyone that is currently serving, then you don't really understand. I can agree with that, to a degree. My brother is a USAF pilot and was in Kuwait for four months. He came back in early March. I know that he goes to dangerous areas, but for the most part, he had a room to himself - sort of like a dorm and was fed well. My dad was a career Marine Corps officer and even he makes fun of my brother for his cushy USAF lifestyle.

That is certainly not the case for everyone. Billy's sister's husband is in Afghanistan for a year and these soldiers sometimes don't even have the basic necessities. I received an email from my SIL requesting supplies such as razors, shaving cream, deodorant, etc. Just basic stuff that I can't believe the Army isn't providing! She is even collecting ramen noodles! I am just floored. We sent our brother in law a package a couple weeks ago, so I got my super mom on the job for this next shipment. She contacted the Gold Star Mom(moms who have a son/daughter who passed away) and they have packages ready and waiting to be sent! I am so thrilled and so impressed with these women who relentlessly support our troops! If you have any interest in sending anything - even a card, it would be much appreciated! Everything can be sent to:
Alexander Cline
E Co, 2-2IN, 3BCT
TF Ramrod
FOB Andar
APO, AE 09364

This is my SIL's husband, Alex on the left:

No comments:

Post a Comment