Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Luck be a lady!



I do not believe in luck, superstitions or "jinxing" as my husband would say. I think things happen for a reason and you can not affect a scenario by doing something unrelated. An example would be our secretary who is a Jewish woman and will not buy her daughter in law and son any baby gifts until the baby is born because she believes in the superstition that if she does, then something bad will happen to the mother or baby. WHAT? I had never heard of this! She said in the Jewish culture, no one even has baby showers! So when she had her baby, her husband went to the store to buy everything while she was in the hospital.

So lately, Billy said said that I am "jinxing" him by looking up information about an area that we could potentially move to. Come on! There is no way that by me "googling" some information, it would in any way affect the outcome of the situation. All I'm doing is continuing to be by controlling self!

I get that people have lucky socks, or lucky suits. Whatever makes
you feel more comfortable is fine with me! Obviously, our boy Hines Ward had his lucky dancing shoes on!

2 comments:

  1. I'm ready for this week to be over and for "certain people" to be off vacation, if you get my drift...

    We're keeping our fingers crossed up here, too!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're telling me! I'm on pins and needles here!

    ReplyDelete