Sunday, June 12, 2011


Having a fat day? My advice to you is to go to a theme park. We went to Disney this weekend and man oh man do I feel better about myself. It was painfully obvious that the majority of the people there - and their kids were extremely unhealthy. My mind was just boggled.
It was sort of a last minute trip with our friends, and we had fun. It is not my ideal vacation, but since they had season passes and got a killer deal, we decided to give it whirl. It gave us a very candid picture of what to expect in several years when our kids want to go to Disney. But everywhere you turn, there is something to pay for or something for sale. After EVERY attraction and every ride, they funnel you through the respective gift shop. For kids, I can see the fun part being meeting the characters and going on the rides...but just for grownups? I'm not sold just yet. Either way, it was nice to get away for a weekend and have a couple nice meals - the bonus was that our friends were preferred members at the Swan/Dolphin, so all of out food was 50% off. Can you beat that??

BOO for Sunday but hoping for a good week ahead!


2 comments:

  1. The past couple of times we've gone with my parents, we've stayed at the Dolphin! We love it there! Looks like you two had fun. Sometimes it's nice to just get away for a few days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love the Dolphin! Totally beats the Best Western we stayed at as kids on the outskirts of Kissimmee!

    ReplyDelete