Thursday, June 9, 2011

It is a good thing that I laugh at myself more often then I get down on myself. Yesterday's incident of having my sweater buttoned wrong as I gave a presentation to 20+ students and their parents, while dropping all my stuff on the floor twice, and then picking it up while having a skirt on is really more comical than maddening. I even had two co-workers in the room with me and they didn't say anything. They said they didn't notice, so let's hope no one else did either!

It may be because I'm still on a high from Tuesday when I got my electric bill. Our air conditioning is now working full time since the heat and humidity are back and I have been waiting to get the bill in my email. As soon as I did, I logged on to compare it to last year and it was over $100 cheaper! Take that, Florida Power & Light! The end of last year was no fun because our old unit had to basically be jump-started every time it came on. Meaning when we heard the hum, we had to go outside and start the fan with a stick. WT. I know. So when we got our tax return back, we knew we had to bite the bullet. We just didn't know how much energy the old unit had been wasting! So yes, we are so pleased that we will no longer have to fork over $250-$300 for our summer electric bills! Whew!

A little known fact though...it is actually cooler down here than the rest of the country during the summer months!

No comments:

Post a Comment