Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Thrifty Thursday

I think libraries are so under-utilized. I make this statement because I am always the only one in our local library! The librarians are always so helpful...if they don't have what you're looking for, they'll get it from another library for you! And this week, I discovered I can "borrow" e-books, which download from Amazon onto my free kindle app on my iPad. I had no idea! Another reason I'm not into buying books anymore is because we have moved 4 times in 5 years and books are crazy heavy and cumbersome! So there is my library plug.

Sam's club had a free weekend for non-members so we decided to check it out. I really expected better deals. We did buy 10lbs of shredded cheese that I split up and froze, some chicken and water. But overall, unless you are tied to certain brands, which I am not, there are much better deals to be had elsewhere. And for our family of 3.5, no real need to buy in bulk just yet.

The real deals are at Aldi! Fifty cent avocados and 69 cents for 2 green peppers. Their milk is less expensive and now they carry organic products too. You have to bring your own bags and use a quarter for the grocery cart, but I can do almost all my shopping there, even though the store is so small. BTW, my local options are Wal-Mart and Foodland...so there you go. I told my SIL today that the closest Target was an hour away and she was just baffled. #WVproblems

No comments:

Post a Comment