Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Random

-We recently discovered couscous.  For many years, I assumed I did not like it.  I've been adding tomatoes, cucumbers and feta.  Nom nom so good!

-I've completed 6.4 miles this month toward the virtual marathon.  And yes, I get that it's not a REAL marathon.  But what mom of an infant can actually train for a marathon?

-I bought some aqua skinny jeans on super sale at Belk last week.  Billy thought I bought them as a joke, and of course I returned them. He wasn't being mean, they just aren't my style.

-My basil, peas, tomatoes and peppers are starting to pop through!  I'm just using containers for my garden this year.  Maybe something bigger next year, depending on how this harvest shakes out.

-Our robin nest lost 3 out of the 4 babies. :(

-I realize I'm probably a little late to the party on this one, but I love Wagon Wheel by Darius Rucker!

-Will likes squash!  Looking back, I think the problem with the carrots may have been that my puree was too thick, so we'll come back to it next week.  Next up: sweet potatoes.

-I ordered a dutch oven!  I am actually starting to enjoy trying new things in the kitchen, now that I have the time.  The most recent success is Crockpot Santa Fe Chicken: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/02/crock-pot-santa-fe-chicken-425-pts.html




1 comment:

  1. We recently discovered we like couscous too! I love it with feta, tomatoes, & black olives. If I'm feeling really spunky, I'll add some roasted red peppers. Yum Yum.

    ReplyDelete