Sunday, May 12, 2013

29 Weeks

Happy Mother's Day.  I get it...it is sort of a Hallmark holiday.  But it is nice to be recognized and thank all the moms out there.  This, of course is not something I grasped until now, that I am a mother.  The funny thing is that I remember as a kid, asking my mom what she wanted as a gift for this holiday, and probably many others.  And I remember her saying nothing, I just want a clean house.  Yes, I'd like to order one of those!!  I must say, I would much rather have some quiet time or a clean house than any gift!  We had a good day though. A little church, a family nap, and then the 5k.  And, my mom and I got each other Belk gift cards without the other knowing!

I'm so glad I signed up for the race, because if it had not come across my FB news feed, I don't think I would be back to running.  My body just felt so different after being pregnant, I really couldn't imagine running again.  But I saw the announcement, and the goal was set.  I used to not understand how people needed to "train" for a 5k.  3 miles seemed like nothing.  But after not running for over a year, or for some people who have never run, it's quite a task.  But now I'm back at it and so glad I am.  One of my workout buddies asked if I wanted to do a 10k in 2 weeks...uh, no thanks!  But, it is sponsored by CFA, and maybe there would be some free chicken...

This week Will has been pretty funny.  Here are some things that have kept me laughing:
-He got stuck in the innertube at Water Babies and I needed help from the teacher to get him out.
-His laugh.  It makes me laugh so hard, which makes him laugh...and it's just a hilarious cycle.
-He gets on his belly and turns in circles...around and around!  If he could just figure out how to get his arms to move forward, he'd  be army crawling.
-When I spoon feed him, at first he makes a disgusted face, but then it's like he remembers that it's good and smiles.

I think he has finally figured out how to go to sleep in the stroller.  And thank goodness!  We go for a walk pretty much every day and he was getting to a point where he would freak out for the last mile or so.  He was still sleeping when we came home the other day and I just sat there on the front steps until he woke up.  No need to wake a sleeping baby!

2 comments:

  1. Hope your Mother's Day was wonderfully special!

    I nominated you for a Liebster Award if you're interested in playing along! :-)

    http://thebrooksboard.blogspot.com/2013/05/liebster-award-nomination.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw! I will do it too! Thanks, Rebecca!! :)

    ReplyDelete