Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Liebster Award

My friend, Rebecca from college nominated me for the Liebster Award.  How nice!!  It is given to blogs with less than 200 followers (for me, it's FAR less!) by other bloggers who think people should know about your blog.  Super sweet of her - we were in different sororities in college, but worked together, I think were Panhellenic Delegates together, and we have babies close to the same age.


                                         
Here's how it works...
1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4. Choose 11 blogs you love (with less than 200 followers) and link them in your post.
5. No tag back (but please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so I can learn more about you)!

11 Random Things About Me
1. I grew up as a military brat, but mostly lived in Virginia and North Carolina.
2. I transferred colleges.  I started at Elon, and started at ECU my sophomore year.
3. I have big feet - a size 10!
4. I eat ice cream almost every day.
5. Walking is one of my favorite things to do.  Billy hates to walk.
6. I met my husband at work.
7. I worked for my sorority right out of college and traveled all around the country, living out of a suitcase.
8. My family drove from Washington, DC to Washington state when I was 15.
9. My major in college was Criminal Justice.  Ha!
10. When I was little, I wanted to be a lion tamer.

Nominator's Questions Answered
1) If you were offered the vacation of your dreams, free of charge, where would you go and why?A warm beach, somewhere, with our entire extended family.  We don't get to see everyone too often, especially now that we live far away.  However, I would request that everyone have their own house!
2) Are you a cat person or a dog person?
DOG.  No cats, ever.
3) Are you in your dream job? If not, what is your ultimate career goal?

Yes, being able to stay home with our baby is a dream job to me.  It's not something I ever imagined myself doing, but I love it far more than I thought I would.  At some point, I may go back to working in higher education, but I'm not making any plans now.
4) What is the last gift you were given? What is the last gift you gave?

The last gift I was given was for Mother's Day over the weekend.  I received flowers for our porch from my husband and a few things from my parents.  The last gift I gave was to my Mom for mother's day - a gift card and some pictures of Will.
5) What's worse...Sunday night or Monday morning?

Monday morning.  I like the night time because it's quiet and I can get a few things done...like surf the interwebs or catch up on TV.
6) If your house was on fire, assuming all people and pets were safe, what three things would you grab?

Jewelry box with handed down items from my grandmother, photo albums, and my wallet?  Not sure about the last one, but I can't think of anything else.  Luckily, we have a fireproof safe!
7) Coffee or tea?

Coffee.  I like the taste, and we all know I'm seriously lacking sleep!  The caffeine in tea just isn't the same for me.
8) Do you believe in love at first sight?

No.  Maybe love at first conversation...
9) What is the worst movie you've ever seen?

The Dictator.  Billy has learned to let me pick out the movies most of the time.
10) If you could choose a superpower, what would it be?

I would love to be able to fly. Especially lately, with lugging my things, Will's things, and then him into the car is such a process.  Wouldn't it be awesome if we could just walk out the front door and zoom to where we need to go?  Or go far distances without days of driving.  Yes!
11) What is the best piece of advice you've ever received?

I don't know if this is advice exactly, but in the past several years, I have reminded myself of this verse: Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.

Questions for Nominees
1. Why did you start your blog?
2. What is your favorite dish to make?
3. Would you rather have a large house, or money to travel often?
4. Beer or wine?
5. What was the last concert you went to?
6. Are you mostly on a desktop, laptop or mobile device?
7. What is your favorite hostess gift to give?
8. Do you collect anything?
9. Do you have a favorite book genre?
10. Do you prefer NFL or college football?  Or neither?
11. What is your favorite summertime activity?

Nominees
I have a few blogs that I follow, but not a lot of smaller ones.  I wish more of my friends and family did have them though!  I don't think I can come up with eleven!
The Depuy Zoo/Holly Homemaker
Grape Did It
Secret Life of a Mom of Four
Accelerated Babies
A Tasty Life
Souls to Squeeze

1 comment:

  1. Buying a fireproof/waterproof safe is key! I put so many things in there!! :-)

    ReplyDelete