Monday, January 30, 2012

Overheard in the Hudgins House


I've been watching too much of Keeping up with the Kardashians and trying to analyze why Chris & Kim got a divorce. Well, I'm still not sure why. But it seems like he likes to tell her how it is, and that is not how she likes to hear it. And marriage is not all butterflies and flowers...did she not know that? Speaking as a almost 4 year old veteran and having already encountered some bumps in the road, I think I have a bit of a perspective. So then I asked Billy...

Me: Was our wedding day the best day of your life?
Billy: Is this a trick question?
Me: No. To me, it wasn't the best day, but it was the most important day.
Billy: Good, because I couldn't wait for it to be over. I was sunburned and hungover. My best day was bringing home Patton.

Is this the same Patton that now thinks deer poop is like candy? And same dog that barks at our labrador wall calendar? YES.

Hahaha...well, it's a good thing that I'm not too sensitive. And I'm glad that we can agree on that. Not that our wedding was not wonderful, fun and everything I could have asked for. My best day would probably be with most of the same people that we celebrated our wedding with, but in a much more relaxed, and less attention on me type of day.



2 comments:

  1. So very true! My Wedding Day was amazing, but my best day is probably during our Honeymoon when it was just Jim and me. I hated all the DRAMA that came with having a big wedding. I also don't like being the center of attention. If I asked Jim what was the best day of his life, it would probably pertain to Halo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll just have to convince our future daughters to elope and have a fun party later!

    ReplyDelete