Monday, January 23, 2012

Menu Monday

I'm still at it...working on cooking more. As long as I plan before I go to the grocery store, it's not so bad. It doesn't take a gourmet meal to make Billy happy...it's just a little variety. I don't even really like to cook, so the easier and faster, the better. What I found last week, was that enjoying a healthy glass of Cab Sav while standing in the kitchen makes it a lot more enjoyable! So without further ado...here is Menu Monday....brought to you by Pinterest!

1. Soup in bread bowl...consumed while watching the Ravens loose! We don't like the Patriots either, but it was the lesser of the two evils.
2. Beef Stroganoff, but made with skillet steak instead of ground beef.
3. Chicken and spinach pasta casserole. Sneaking vegetables in like this is key.
4. Crunchy Asian Salad. Will probably need to incorporate meat somehow because I am married to a caveman.
5. Pizza rolls. I know it's not healthy, but everyone love pizza.


And then we'll round out the week with leftovers. The key with leftovers around here is not to ask if he wants them...just heat & serve. Almost four years of marriage later, I'm just now figuring all this out!

Highlights from this weekend include:
1. Getting balsamic vinegar in my eye. Don't try that at home.
2. Hemming a skirt on the sewing machine without any mishaps.
3. SNOW and lots of it!
4. Moneyball with Brad Pitt - I highly recommend it.
We still don't have a snow shovel...but it's supposed to hit almost 50 today, so it should all be melted by the time I get home!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment