Thursday, January 19, 2012

10 Thing Thursday


1. The way I go home has been closed for almost 2 weeks due to a rock slide...not going to find those in FL. So I have to take another way home through the ghetto and the road is called Brosville Road. Coincidence? Hmmm.

2. We're expecting a little snow for the next few days. I would ask for snow 10 times more than rain! It doesn't really affect anything around here and Patton gets less muddy outside.

3. Yes, my world does revolve around my dog. But I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

4. Just when I thought TV sitcoms were done for, Up All Night and The New Girl came out. When it's too gross during lunch to walk outside, my coworker and I shut ourselves in her office and watch episodes in hulu.

5. My NObama campaign starts today: http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/obamas-keystone-pipeline-rejection-is-hard-to-accept/2012/01/18/gIQAf9UG9P_story.html?hpid=z2 If the Washington Post isn't even backing him, there is something wrong.

6. I'm about to go through the annual review process (after 5 months?) and my boss said no one would be getting raises? Pssshhh...I barely know what a raise is. I work in education and I got out of grad school in 2008...the economy has been terrible since then. At least I like my job!

7. Except when I tell students that they are dismissed from the university. There was one in particular this week that really bothered me and it wasn't my decision.

8. Going to DC last weekend was awesome. We reminisced about what our weekend would have been like 5 years ago(dancing, boozing, JumboSlice)...but I actually prefer the quality girl time of coffee, dinner, movies and getting our nails done.

9. So happy that I have girlfriends within a 1000 mile radius now!

10. The cooking quality dinner effort has continued into this week and I actually got Billy to eat a big salad! Yes, he usually has to be coaxed into eating vegetables. It's all in the presentation, people.

Happy almost Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment