Sunday, October 2, 2011


It is just so much harder to get out of bed when it's cold! I was up a 6am almost every day in Florida bc it was so dang hot. I knew I had to walk the dog early or it would be miserable for both of us. Here, I just want to stay under the covers! Especially this weekend, when it's not getting above 50 degrees! I ventured out yesterday to do a little shopping on my own. My 2 pairs of work pants were just not cutting it and I was in desperate need of some more weather appropriate clothes. I came away with 2 pairs of flats, some riding boots, a pair of pants, 3 sweaters, and 2 fleece vests for Billy. I was really unsure about the boots because I have never owned a pair of knee high boots before, but I bought them so I could think about it. I'm pretty sure I'm going to keep them after trying them on with a few things. Plus, they were only $60 and had my size, so I couldn't just leave them there!

We also tried our luck on restaurant.com and tried a place in South Side (pronounced SouSide in Pittsburgheese) and we had a fun date night. The restarurant.com website allows you to try places you probably would not otherwise for such a deal! We got 2 entrees and 4 beers + tip for only $20! We had big plans of exploring the city this weekend...but the cold and rain is going to mean that it will be postponed for next weekend when it is going to be back in the 70s!

No comments:

Post a Comment