Wednesday, September 28, 2011

People at work are calling me "Cankle". This wasp sting has left quite a mark! I can't even put on shoes without my foot popping out of them like a loaf of bread. It is swollen, itchy and awful. I called the school nurse and she said it's normal. Well it doesn't look normal to me! It's been over 3 days since the sting and I think it might be shrinking a little bit. I'll spare you the pictures. I'm taking benadryl and icing my ankle/foot during the day under my desk.

I hit the jackpot today at the grocery store - I saved over $50 with regular weekly sales, a couple coupons and my fuel rewards that we have been earning by pumping gas there. If I were to do it over, I would actually buy more because of the savings. With anything, it will take time to learn the best way to work the system. This grocery store also doubles coupons under $1 every day! It puts Publix to shame, that is for sure! I get a serious high when I save that much mula and then like to come home to show Billy all my good deals. What a dork.

Someone at work told me that Pittsburgh is becoming known as East Hollywood. While I don't totally believe that, it does seem like a lot of movies are behind filmed here recently. Tom Cruise is here now and there is a hilarious blog written as if it were Suri Cruise's blog and she apparently did not like PGH: Pittsburgh is known for bridges, steel manufacturing, and other boring things primarily handled by the working class. This is mostly true and even Billy liked to label the houses in the city by this. The houses, he thinks all fall into 3 categories: blue collar, middle management and upper management. Especially in the city - they all look the same and appear to have been within the same couple years during the steel boom. I'm SO glad that we didn't buy a home here and it will be good that we rent first so we can get a good lay of land, and hopefully learn where the good houses are!


No comments:

Post a Comment