Monday, February 28, 2011

Our winter is officially over, and unlike everyone else in America, this makes me sad. It means saying hello to 80 degrees pretty much everyday from now until maybe November. We had a couple cold snaps in the past couple months, but nothing unbearable. If anything, it gave me the chance to diversify what I wear to work all the time. I mostly wear skirts/dresses because the air conditioning in my office is terrible and it is always so hot! With the few colder days, I could actually wear long sleeved shirts and not sweat to death! Our summers down here are not as bad as the mid-atlantic though. It never reaches 100 and we always pretty much have a breeze.


Last week, Billy left for a camping trip with a bunch of people that have the same kind of boat he does and they spend their days comparing notes on how to fix/upgrade their vessels. So they all decided to meet up on the west coast of Florida for some jamboree-type of trip. Sounded like nothing I was interested in, so I gladly stayed home and watched the pup. Down side for me is that when Patton is home alone for extended periods of time, he picks things to chew up in the house. This week was the welcome mat. Other downside is that I barely sleep when Billy is gone. I sleep with the light on, the TV on and his gun right next to me on the bedside table. So after 4 days, I had it with the lack of sleep and **politely asked** if he would come home a day early. He didn't agree to it...but a few hours later, he walked through the door!

Patton and I were so happy!

1 comment:

  1. I can't sleep when Corey is out of town because my dogs bark at EVERY SINGLE NOISE they hear. This includes our hot water heater settling, someone outside driving up, someone shutting a car door, and people walking around our parking lot, talking. No one will ever break into this house without me knowing about it...

    And boo to you with the gorgeous weather. I need to be there NOW.

    ReplyDelete