Saturday, February 19, 2011

Kelly's Korner - Show Us Your Life

I've never done a Kelly's Korner post before, but on this Saturday morning, I'm thinking I have the time. I did the week's grocery shopping yesterday after work, including stocking up for B's silly camping trip next week. He requested 2 packages of sausage, 1 pack of bacon and 1 tube of sausage. So now south Florida is out of pork, thanks to us.

So let's begin...I actually started out at Elon University in North Carolina right out of high school. After I got there, it didn't seem to be the right fit. And frankly, I never realized how much money it cost! My parent's never mentioned it, but I started to think that it wasn't worth it early on. In early October, I hopped on a Greyhound(thats another story for another day) to Blacksburg, VA to visit my good friend. For some reason, I never considered attending a large public school, but after that weekend, a fraternity party and a Virginia Tech football game, I was sold! So the transfer applications began.

Fast forward to fall 2002 and I was moving into my dorm at East Carolina University in Greenville, NC and pledging Alpha Phi. These were 3 of the best years of my life. I met my best friends, learned a lot(outside of the classroom) and have a strong desire to go back there to work one day. Sadly, I don't have many digital pictures from 2002-2005, so the below will have to do to showcase my pirate pride!

This is me and my bff Candace dueling it out pirate style at Homecoming 2005.


This is me, Morgan and MG at the ECU vs Marshall game in 2006. It was the first time I brought my boyfriend(now husband) to Greenville and he LOVED it. And Morgan's cooking.


In 2007 I started graduate school at the University of Virginia and boyyy was that shocking after ECU. Instead of hearing undergrads talk about how tanked they got the night before, I would overhear them discussing world issues. It was certainly an experience for me, but one that I would not trade. UVa is one of the oldest colleges in America and founded by Thomas Jefferson. There is so much history and prestige associated with UVa and I am proud to tell people I earned my Master's there. And, I looooved living in Charlottesville. Below is a tailgate with my grad school cohort and Billy. I mean, would he really miss a tailgate?


And if you've been reading my blog at all, you know that I'm enrolled in more classes now...we'll see if I can eventually call FAU an alma mater as well.

HAPPY WEEKEND!

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I got a little misty-eyed looking at that picture-that was such a great weekend. I loved meeting Billy and introducing him to Greenville. I think he really enjoyed 519!

    I'm putting in a request for Billy to make an appearance at Morgan's wedding. I have a feeling Corey and Billy could get into some trouble together...haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brother is getting married 2 weeks later in SC. Not sure how we can both swing it, but I will surely be there, and Miss T better be there too!

    ReplyDelete