Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The girl scout cookies need to disappear. And not disappear because I ate them all. Not a good situation right now. I'm home alone with no one to watch me and make me feel ashamed!

Anyway, I was sharing with Billy last night what adjustments my friend Katie and I have been going through in our transition back to a state school. She was my coworker for 2 years at our old job and now we both work at the same school again. I can just dial her extension again and it is wonderful! But I was talking to her about how appalled I was last week when I was in a new advisor's office and she had a jar of candy on her desk...next to a jar of condoms!!! What? How is this ok? Or appropriate? We are in the business of academic advising, not health educating! I mentioned it to the new advisor and she just laughed...but I let her know that there was no way I would be participating in her mission! So I was telling Katie this and she said that one of her coworkers in the health center on campus offered her a free AIDS test! Thanks for the invite, I guess? Maybe we were just in the Christian school bubble for too long! At least we can laugh about it and take it in stride. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment