Friday, October 29, 2010

Friday ramblings

So I see between 5 and 10 students every day who come into my office for advising. The other day, I was on my lunch break, but I saw a student in our waiting room who looked troubled, so I asked if I could help her. She asked to speak to me in my office, so even though I was on lunch, I made an exception. Before she even sat down, she was crying. She wanted to drop her classes because her fiance had broken up with her. I could see she was devastated and I wanted to start crying right with her. I can't imagine planning a wedding and then having it all canceled. While for me, the wedding planning wasn't all fun, I thought being engaged was and I was really looking forward to being married. Well, I went through the paperwork with her and it is going to be a petition process, which may not be approved. Later on, I went to talk to our asst. director about it and he clearly did not have the compassion for this girl like I did. Maybe it is because he is a man and doesn't understand how that can affect someone? I don't know...but my heart hurt for her and I'm going to do everything I can to help her!

Hooray for Friday! I'm even getting out of here 30 minutes early because my exit road out of here is being blocked off for our new president's inauguration/homecoming parade. I'm armed with my coupons and I'm hitting the grocery store on my way home! Thank you couponsavinggame.com !

No comments:

Post a Comment