Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Worrier or Planner?

A few times a month, I get really down and start to worry about what might be. Because I don't know what Billy's job will be in the next couple months, I start to worry/plan about bills, how things will get paid and essentially our life for the next few years. I always need Billy to talk me down from this ledge. I like to say that I like to plan things, but he just says I am a worrier. I guess there is a difference, but where is the line?

Some things that I've been "planning" about lately....what if we have kids? Who will watch them during the day? How much will be make on our house when we try to sell? Will we even be bale to sell it? Obviously these things are not anywhere in the immediate future, but they are on my brain!

So I was reminded of this prayer, which I probably need to read more often!
The Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE this prayer.

    i am right there on the same boat. i always worry and eric always has to talk me down. sometimes it's caused huge rifts. i'm learning to be better...and i think attending our weekly church group has helped so much!

    ReplyDelete