Friday, October 22, 2010

Is It Worth It?

When I came into this job, I was able to show them a few tricks to make their life easier...like pressing the first letter of a last name when scrolling through a list of files can take you right to that letter! Simple things that I'm sure is because I grew up with computers. Our secretary is probably 60+ years old and it's hard to explain technical things sometimes. I am the queen of Ctrl + C and Ctrl + P = cut and paste, right? This eliminates a lot of mistakes when transferring data or text. I asked her to gather 51 email addresses for students that I met with over the past 2 weeks so I can send them a survey, which she happily did. But then I got 15 of them kicked back because they are not the correct university email addresses as we have in the system. A little cute & paste could alleviate this...but is it worth it? After having her help me was wonderful, and I don't want to make her feel bad. Plus, I'm still easing into giving intructions to someone older than me.
It's sort of a slow day today, so sometimes I just turn around and stare...we've hit paradise season in Florida and the major heat is officially gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment