Thursday, October 14, 2010

Still Trucking

So we're almost at the end of the week again! This week went by so fast, and I haven't even had to travel, which is usually the cause of a fast week. Tomorrow is Friday though and I'm working a 1/2 day. We have a meeting at 8am at a different campus, so I'll just go home after that. Open House is on Saturday, so I will technically be working 5 full days.
I love Thursdays because it is the day when the Publix BOGO sales are posted and I use couponsavingsgame.com to find how to save even more money. It really is like a game to me! I'm not as good as other people, and I don't get the newspaper, but I save some serious cash some weeks! I can't believe I wasn't doing this long before now!
Some days things are better than others. Praise doesn't just fly around here, so I sometimes get nervous that I'm not doing well. But then other times, I'll do something and it's like I moved a mountain for someone. Even just the simplest things can get me some attention sometimes. It's just a different atmosphere. In Admissions, I could get a new student almost every day, but in Advising, the accomplishments aren't as traceable or noticeable I guess.
This Sunday, we'll be going to Miami to celebrate my FIL's 50th birthday and Billy's 31st birthday. They share the same date - Oct 19th. Then Mom's is the 25th. And how could I forget - my sweet baby puppy's 1st birthday was on Monday! His poor leg is hurt, so he needs to stay off it and swim a little more. We like taking him for walks after dinner, but we haven't been able to since Sunday I believe. I think it's my fault - I was home by myself last weekend and I walked him 3x a day and I think I just wore him out!

Anyway, I believe that is all for now! I'll try again to post Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment