Monday, October 18, 2010

Weekend





Happy Monday! This weekend went by in a flash, as usual. On Saturday, I had Open House. With my vast Admission experience, I know what students and parents want to hear, so overall, I think it went well. We collected all the contact information for all the attendees, so hopefully the program directors will get on board and recruit these students!

On Saturday night, Billy thought it would be a good idea to build a fire...on the dock. It went well for a while, until the concrete block he built the fire on exploded. No one was hurt in this experiment. But it was nice sitting on the dock for a while sipping on some wine and watching Patton run around like a crazy dog.


Then on Sunday, I got up early, went for a long walk, washed Patton and made some home-made salsa - until I realized that I could not get it all done before church! So we skipped and finished getting ready for our trip to Miami to celebrate Billy & his dad's birthdays. They both share October 19th for their birthdays. We had 2 cakes - yum! A Carvel ice cream cake and red velvet. It was a nice afternoon and the Steelers won! Icing on the cake, if you will.


2 comments:

  1. you guys have a dock???? that is SO cool! very picturesque : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We live on a canal that leads to a larger lake.

    ReplyDelete