Monday, March 4, 2013

19 Weeks

Another fun week. Will rolled over and I wasn't expecting it at all. I was watching him during tummy time and all of the sudden he started to use his leg to push himself over. A very exciting time for this mom! I was so proud of him all day! I don't think he knew what he did though and I have only been able to get him to do it a couple more times. He found his feet this week too!  I have not been able to capture it though, because he moves around so much and the pictures are all fuzzy.  So here is Will in his hand-me-down chair from his cousin.  I have since taken the orange insert out to more comfortably accommodate his large self.
 Seen a Subaru commercial lately? Such tearjerkers. There is one with a little girl getting on a bus for the first day of school and I decided right then that I will homeschool Will so I never have to watch him leave me. He is also never allowed to get married and leave me. Ha- I know the goal is to have them grow up and lead happy lives. So I mostly am joking here. But I just love rocking him to sleep at night. Maybe I'll just have lots of kids like the Duggars to always have a little one around. I write this after a good day.  After a fussy day, I may have a different perspective.  Funny that I've never really been a kid person, but I really love being a mom to Will!  Thanks for the lovely face, Will.


Sleeping through the night was so wonderful. I haven't seen a full night in over a week. It's some sort of regression and I don't know why.  Some nights, he'll wake up 3 or 4 times, and other nights he'll only wake up once.  The books say it can have to learning so many new things, that he practices them in his sleep.  I haven't noticed anything on the monitor, but that would be pretty funny if it were true.

What has been 2 parts cute, and 1 part annoying is when I'm feeding Will, and he hears Billy enter the room, he'll stop, turn around and give Billy the biggest grin. He'll usually start squealing too, because that is sort of their thing. So then when it's over, he have to readjust from play mode, to eating and be calm mode.

Billy's parents came to visit us and they just loved their little grandson! He smiled and squealed for them so much! It was nice to have Grandma play with Will while I showered and blow dried my hair without feeling the need to hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment