Monday, March 11, 2013

20 weeks

New things this week...sticking his tongue out!


He was also able to get one foot in his mouth. These are important skills, people. How else is he going to trim his toenails? I kid. I did clip them for the first time this week. Much easier than clipping fingernails, which is a task I loathe every week! The other new developments are rolling on to his side and he is a little more intentional about putting things in his mouth. Instead of just throwing objects in the general direction of his face, he can sort of place things in there with more ease.

I take so many pictures! Mostly on my phone, but I have a Shutterfly app and I am pretty vigilant about uploading them and getting pictures printed every month. Maybe I should slow down, because by his first year, we may have several albums full!


We were also finally able to make it to Lisamarie's this week! We had to cancel twice because of snow. And it still flurried a tiny bit on the way there. I was pretty nervous about the trek with a baby and a dog, but it was pretty easy, as long as I didn't stress about time constraints. We had to stop two times on the way there and only once on the way back. A lesson learned: do not give Will toys in the car because they will end up on the floor and he will want them back. But it was so nice to spend time with them and to see the two baby boys together. They are not quite old enough to interact, but they sort of seemed to acknowledge each other.

Cloth diaper update: pocket diapers have moved to the back of the drawer and I now prefer prefolds and fitteds. The covers just don't leak! I was under the assumption that these would be harder to manage with the folding, but not so! And they are easier to launder, because nothing needs to be line dried. Since billy rebuilt our basement stairs this weekend, he had to do a load. I was not going to climb a ladder to do laundry! So you know it's easy! And they are so much less expensive. I bought each one for only $1.75!

We had a great weekend, with awesome weather! This winter has seemed never ending! While Billy was tearing out the stairs, Will and I walked 4 miles around the city park. Each lap is a mile and its a great park. I learned that you can also loop around the cemetery for an additional mile and hills, but I wasn't about to make that trek alone! On Sunday, we all walked a trail near our house, took Patton to the dog park, grilled steaks, and tried out the swing set in the back yard. I can't wait for it to stay warm - c'mon spring!

Lastly, a funny video of Will enjoying some Dr. Suess:

No comments:

Post a Comment