Friday, March 22, 2013

5 Months

Every month is seriously better than the last!  He gets cuter every day!
Right after he turned 4 months old, he rolled from his belly to his back a handful of times.  Now, he rolls from his back to his belly all the time, but seems to have forgotten how to get back over.  He gets frustrated, but he'll get back there soon.  I have to hold him on the changing table and watch him closely on the bed now since he's more mobile.  This month, he also found his feet, which makes diaper changes a little more challenging too.  :)

Still no teeth, but he is still chomping away on all of his toys, and even my chin and collar bone sometimes.  His eyes look like they are turning green.  He's still very "chatty" and makes noises and squeals, sometimes all day long.  Naps are generally short, but he takes a couple of them a day and he's been getting up 2-3x/night, usually to eat.
Will now weighs 23 pounds.  I was sure he would slow down by now, but not so!  Some of his 12 month clothes are small on him, so it's mostly 18-24 clothes now.  He's just a big boy!  I got an email from Huggies the other day that said my baby should be ready for size 3 diapers.  Hahaha - try size 4!

We went to a community event today for pregnant moms and moms with babies less than 1 year.  I learned a lot about what is available to us around here, and I actually knew four people there!  I'm pretty sure I was on the verge of being the oldest mom there though.  It was teen mom central!  I was on the phone with Billy, telling him about it, and said there was a lot of camouflage too.  He said, "Moms with camo?"  Ohhh yes!  Even orange hunting camo!  In the sports store in the mall, they even have pink camo lingerie.  What on earth???

I was also interviewed for the local paper, and the reporter took my picture with Will.  Billy did not like the sound of that, so my picture will not be in the paper.  In hindsight, I should have just changed my name, or the city I live in.  I was excited about it, but I get it.  There are some crazy people out there.  

Going to be 30 years old tomorrow!  Not at all sad about it though.  I have a lot of things checked off the bucket list and I don't think I could ask for anything more!  I didn't even know what to ask for, for my birthday!  Billy already came home with a Carvel Ice Cream Cake - which is EXACTLY what I wanted!

No comments:

Post a Comment