Monday, March 25, 2013

22 Weeks

More snow. Seriously, I am over it. But if I can suffer through this week, I believe the end of this bitter winter weather is in sight! 50+ degrees from then on, it looks like. Just in time for Easter!

I can't wait to dress Will up on Sunday. But let me tell you, dressing a baby boy is no easy task. All of the clothes in the store(at least here), look like miniature man clothes. I want him to look like a little boy. I searched high and low, and am now hesitant to buy online because of the wide range of size variations by brand. So Mom to the rescue, found an outfit in NC and is sending it up. The South knows how to dress little boys.

This weekend Will became a rolling machine. I would put him on the floor for a second and turn around to do something, and he flipped over in a blink! And after giving me a huge smile, would be angry that he's on his belly. Little Buddy, you got yourself in that situation. So that is currently our cycle: flip, back over, then repeat. He got his leg stuck in the crib once too. What I especially don't like is seeing him trying to sleep on his belly, or smooshed against the crib slats! Is it frowned upon to Velcro your baby's back to the mattress?

We did a lot of cooking, instead of going out to dinner for my birthday. Dinner time through bed time are Will's crankier times and I don't want to be those parents out in public yet. Once Will can eat solids, that may make it more doable. Speaking of solids, I was gung-ho on this baby-led-weaning approach to introducing solids until Billy got wind of it. I didn't mention it to him because I didn't think he would care. It basically skips cereal and purées and once I explained it, he was not into the idea, to say the least! I tried to sell him on, "but it's big in the UK" reasoning. Obviously not an easy sell. So mashed food, it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment