Monday, February 25, 2013

18 Weeks

It was a milestone week.  We heard some giggles, took Will to church for the first time, and I left Billy with Will for more than 30 minutes.  The last one was an awful experience for everyone.  I attempted to go to "Moms Night Out" with the Moms Club, but was called home within 45 minutes.

I expected it might happen, because Will tends to be more needy and cranky in the evening hours.  But what I walked into when I came home was the saddest face I've ever seen.  I can't get it out of my head!  I left a bottle, pacifier, and he was sleeping when I left. Too bad.  Nothing worked.  I don't know what the problem was specifically, but he is probably just not used to being with Billy alone.  So we're going to work on that!  More one on one daddy time is in order!

We had our 4 month well visit, with our new doctor.  His weight, at 21lbs is off the charts.  They said it's fine because he's tall, too.  Height is in the 90 percentile.  The doc said he's a healthy little person, so that's all we can ask for!



Remember that toy, My Buddy?  I sing the words to the song to Will all the time, because that is what it's like!  My buddy, my buddy.  Wherever I go, he goes!  My buddy and me!  Especially since we don't know anyone around here, or have family near, I am the face he sees all day, every day.

I am expanding my social circle already, though!  The mall walkers are not losers, as one may think!  And there are a few potential friends in the moms club, too.  This Tuesday is the book club meeting.  So our social calendar is slowly filling up!

Another awesome part of the week is that I sold our old couch, and we had new furniture delivered for our now, finished basement!  Billy has spent 90% of his time at home down there, so I'm excited to now see him above ground!  Also, it is the only carpeted area of the house, so I know we'll spend a lot of time down there, and it will be where Will learns to walk and crawl.

Mmmm...Billy came home with 50 boxes of girl scout cookies for his customers.  But of course we had to test them to make sure they were ok.  He did not like the new ones, Savannah Smiles, but I did!  Lemon-ey goodness!

Grandparents are visiting this week!  Will has lots of new tricks and noises to show off!

No comments:

Post a Comment