Tuesday, July 31, 2012

29 Weeks

Size: Both BabyCenter and The Bump agree that he is the size of a squash.  About 2.5lbs and 15inches.

Interesting fact: Every day, about 200 milligrams of calcium is deposited into his skeleton, which is now hardening.  More ice cream = more calcium?  Yes?

Symptoms:Major acid reflux.  I take a Tums when I get into bed, and then I wake up again to take another one.  Again, with the calcium!  Sometimes I wake up with serious calf cramps too.  The larger this baby gets, the more he is interfering with my normal functioning.  It's ok though - not much longer!

Maternity clothes: Yes, and my non-maternity dresses that I was able to wear a few weeks ago, just don't look appropriate anymore.  For work, at least.  Speaking of clothes...are denim shirts really coming back?

Cravings: Fruit and ice cream.  Peaches and nectarines, specifically. 

Aversions: The same.

Fun things: Appointments every 2 weeks, and class every week.  Last week's first class was a little eye opening for both of us!  We already learned a lot though...like birth laying down is somewhat modern?  There is also snack time during class!  Billy told the class that a) he had not done any reading and b) he was growing a sympathy belly.  So proud, really.  We also got the furniture to our house, but it is going to stay in the garage for a few more weeks.  We don't want to dismantle our office just yet.
What I miss:  Lunch meat!  I did eat at Jimmy John's yesterday for the first time in many months and had the tuna...it was so so so good!
Misc: My cloth diapering mission is now complete!  I have been scouring the internets for months for good deals, and I now have 24, which is a good number to start with.  At first it was very overwhelming, but I feel like I'll know what I'm doing now.  How many diapers have I changed in a lifetime though?  Probably enough to count on one hand...
Edit to post: picture at midwife office: 29 weeks + 1 day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment