Tuesday, August 7, 2012

30 Weeks!


Size: A cucumber or head of cabbage - somewhere around 16 inches and 3 pounds.  I can tell in his movements, that he is getting bigger!  No need to touch my belly anymore, you can see him move!

Interesting fact: His eyesight is continuing to develop, and now only has about 20/400 vision.  Even after he is born, he'll keep his eyes closed most of the day.

Symptoms: Oh yeah with the major heartburn.  Tums are a thing of the past - they can no longer handle the job.  My feet aren't fat and swollen, but I feel like they are expanding because all my shoes are tight.  Thank goodness it is sandal season, and I can probably last with open toes shoes until almost my due date.

Maternity clothes: I almost bought a few more dresses from Target last week, but decided not to, since we're nearing the end.  I REALLY prefer dresses to pants though!

Cravings: Yes, again, with the fruit!  I'm just a lot hungrier, in general lately.

Aversions: Actually, this weekend I ate chicken!  I had CFA nuggets, and they were delicious!  I don't think I would want a whole chicken breast though.

Fun things: Instead of counting the weeks I have completed, I'm now counting down the weeks we have left.  So give or take a week, depending on when he wants to join us - there are TEN weeks left.  Does not sound like much at all!  We do still have to put the room together, find a pediatrician, and figure out our birth plan to turn in!

What I miss:  Being able to lay down without my throat feeling like a hole is burning through it!

Misc: I do enjoy the occasional cup of coffee, and Billy tried to get the midwife to tell me that it would cause ADHD.  She told us that it would more likely be caused by him and his genes, than coffee.  Ha - backfire!  

Tuesdays must be khaki pants day...

No comments:

Post a Comment