Tuesday, May 1, 2012

16 Weeks

I want to wear a sign for the general public that says, "I'm not just getting fat - there is a baby in there!"  Still in the awkward lumpy beer gut phase, but we're getting closer. 

Size: Avocado / 4.5 inches / 3.5 ounces


Interesting fact: The baby's eyes have moved closer to the front of the head and the ears are close to their final position.

Symptoms: Still pretty tired, headaches, and heartburn.  All of this is better than it was in the beginning, so I'll deal.

Maternity clothes:  I wore one maternity shirt last week.  Luckily now that it is warmer in Pittsburgh(re: not snowing), I can wear more flowy summer tops and dresses, which make it much easier.

Cravings: Last night it was buttery popcorn.  Last week it was Ben & Jerry's new frozen greek yogurt.

Aversions: Meat! When my parents came this weekend, everyone had steaks, but I was more than fine feasting on my bread, salad and mashed potatoes. 

Fun things: Parents being here for the first time since I found out I was pregnant, name discussions, enjoying the last 5 months of loud music in the car and leisurely dining out.

Looking forward to: The obvious: 16 days until the big reveal!!

What I miss: The same - wine and coffee. 

Misc: I went out to an impromptu dinner on Sunday with Lisamarie and Aaron, and as we sat outside and just enjoyed he sunshine, I thought about how drastically different our lives will be in 4-5 months.  We will both have babies, and things to focus on other than enjoying our own delicious meals.  Being a mom is something I almost always thought about in the abstract future, and now it is actually HERE.  At the Pirates game a few weekends ago, we were tailgaiting with my Jeep and Billy noted that he should upgrade my sound system.  I reminded him that it was not necessary, because soon, we will be listening to Disney tunes at a reasonable volume.

1 comment:

  1. Why cant you listen to Disney tunes on SUPER LOUD VOLUMES??! ;o)

    ReplyDelete