Wednesday, December 21, 2011

On a slow day last week, I was perusing Pinterest for Christmas cookies and was all excited until I got home and got realistic. My kitchen is probably smaller than your bathroom, and I don't have a dishwasher. Thus, dreams of cookies crumbled. Turns out, that all is well because at work, there is seemingly a never ending pile of cookies. Yesterday I had four...okay, 5, but only admitted to four and my coworker said, "FOUR, really?" Luckily, when I got home, the stars had aligned and Patton was walked and Billy was already cooking dinner, so the shame got me to run. Bonus - I saw a reindeer/giant deer with antlers! So weird, because we live 1/2 mile from the city, surrounded by a river. I thought about getting close and taking a picture, but chickened out.

Two more wonderful things are that Mom is coming with cookies AND Billy received a smoker for Christmas, which takes the cooking load off of me and it means less dishes! Yes, I now think about what I'm making in terms of how many pots/pans I will need to use.

It's going to be almost 60 degrees today. What the heck, Pittsburgh? Where is my white Christmas? Me thinks that won't be happening, which is fine because four people, plus a dog the size of a person in our less than large living space without being able to get out would not be good.

Tomorrow is the last day of work until January 3rd and this break will be glorious!

No comments:

Post a Comment