Thursday, December 8, 2011

I'm not late to The Help party, because I read the book last year, but I did just watch the movie and I highly recommend it. The book actually helped me follow the movie a little better because some of the character's names are similar and could be a little confusing. It was about 2.5 hours, but it didn't seem that long. Even Billy really liked it!
I asked him to pick up the movie from Redbox on his way home last night as restitution for me having to walk Patton twice in the cold rain yesterday. And it was COLD. I even wore tights under my pants yesterday...and didn't change out of them when I put my sweatpants on to walk the dog. No one cares what you look like here, as long as you're warm. Reason #486 why I love Pittsburgh.

So after the movie, we called my MIL since she is the once who gave me The Help. She had just bought a 10foot Christmas tree and hasn't put it up yet. The image of this is so funny to me, because she lives by herself right now...how on earth is she going to get a 10 foot Christmas tree up? I don't know if I could have gotten our 6 footer up on my own! Ohh she makes me laugh sometimes.

Today is a Catholic holiday, so I don't have to work...and I plan on finishing/putting a big dent in my Christmas shopping! We're in full swing now...yesterday I received my first Christmas cards in the mail and mine are on their way!

No comments:

Post a Comment