Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Recap

Christmas seemed like it took forever to get here, and now it's gone! I plan to relish in the remaining days of vacation though with some long walks, leftovers and maybe even some snow.

My parents came on Thursday and left this morning, at the threat of snow for tonight. With all of these hills and winding roads, it can be intimidating at first. I showed them the way out of town, but not before a pit stop in the Strip District for them to load up on real northern Italian meats. That is stuff you just can't get down south.

It was a fun few days! Mom and I did a tour in the Cathedral of Learning at Pitt, we went to the Strip, watched a Steelers game, Billy showed Dad some rigs, did some shopping, checked out PPG place and the big tree, walked to Grandview Ave and took Patton for a hike on the trails. The only thing we didn't do was ride the incline down to Station Square! I'm sure there will be a next time. I think Pittsburgh exceeded their expectations. I think a lot of people(including myself) picture Pittsburgh as a run down old steel town, and some parts are, but there really is a lot to do here and some parts of the city are new and pretty.

Christmas was awesome! Check out the mess:

The biggest surprise and most awesome gift was a sewing machine. I sewed a bit when I was younger, and some of it came back to me when I took it out for a trial run. I wish I had it last week so I didn't sew our curtains by hand! I have no idea what my first project will be, but I'm sure through YouTube and Pinterest, I'll find something to start with.

We all know Patton is happy Christmas is over so he doesn't have to listen to those Christmas bells for another 11 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment