Thursday, November 10, 2011

One of my BFs and I have a style called "effortlessly mixing black and brown". I'm pretty sure we've had it since high school, but I don't think I can trace it back to an exact year. When we do it, we usually text or email each other about it. In terms of style, I am rarely bold, so doing this is about as on the edge as I will dare to live on. But lately, I see it being done more and more, especially with brown boots. So today, I did it with black tights and a dress that mixed it up for me, to give me some added confidence in my choice. The tights, are doing double - no, TRIPLE duty today! Style, warmth, AND making me look thinner! I could have never worn tights in FL, but I am liking that they are pretty much a necessity up here!!!
What do you think? Do black and brown go together?

Edit: For you northerners and soon to be Alaskans, here are some fleece lined tights for only $7.99. I just ordered mine! http://hip2save.com/2011/11/fleece-lined-leggings-only-7-99-shipped.html

2 comments:

  1. Eh I am not sure. I love the idea of tights... and you know my stance on boots in general... but cute dress. Maybe if we had a picture of the full ensemble I could make a decision. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fiiiineee...tired eyes and bad lighting are also included in the pic. You should get on board with the boots.

    ReplyDelete