Wednesday, November 16, 2011

More on PGH

Oh yes, I am adjusting. When it was in the 70's in August, I thought the 60's were cold. In September, I thought if it were in the 50's, it would be chilly. Now the 40's don't even seem to bother me that much! I will even go outside without a jacket in the morning with Patton sometimes. It is supposed to be in the 20s tomorrow night though...and that...may be unpleasant. We really need a new comforter and probably some flannel sheets real soon!

Also, whilst in the Burgh, I have noticed bumper stickers that say N@....I didn't have a clue what they were referring to until last week, and now I hear it ALL. THE. TIME. At first I thought maybe these people were Washington Nationals fans. Wrong. It's like saying, "I'm going to the grocery store to get eggs, milk AND STUFF LIKE THAT." Instead, they said, "N'at" in place of "things like that". Example:
For Thanksgiving, I'm in charge of bringing a dessert, and I think I'm going to try to make gobs, which are pretty popular up in these parts. And delicious, I might add. Billy's aunt assured me since I work full time, that I can just pick something up from the grocery store...but I think I may give these the ol' college try.

No comments:

Post a Comment