Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I can't believe we've only been here for 2.5 weeks! It feels like so much longer and we still are really liking it! Last night I worked late and then stayed later for an Alpha Phi meeting and didn't get home until after 10pm! We have been getting up before 6am every day, so I am beat! It's still all pretty fun and new, so we have no complaints!

Labor Day weekend went by in a flash. Saturday was nearly 95 degrees - and we have no a/c in the house! We put our window unit in the window of the dining room and then blocked off the living room and dining room doors with sheets. We were feeling a little w/t, but also a little cooler! By the time Monday rolled around, it was rainy and mid-60s! We got a lot done though - went to Ikea, Lowe's, etc and hung curtains, I MADE curtains and did some painting. Our landlords said they would pay for our pain and anything else we wanted to do to the house, so that is a bonus! We also test drove a Jeep Wrangler for Billy...like we really need 2 Jeeps? I agree he needs a car with 4wd, but we'll see what else is out there...

I only work 3 days this week, bc I'm going to my future SIL's bridal shower in Myrtle Beach for the weekend. I expect it to be a little different than the girls' weekends I'm accustomed to, mostly because I don't know anyone. My mom will be there though, so it will be nice to walk on the beach and get some tan before I am officially up north for the winter! I'm sure Billy and Patton have some big parties planned for when I'm gone.

Nothing else exciting for now...until next time...GO PIRATES!


No comments:

Post a Comment