Monday, September 19, 2011


It's been a month now! A month in Pennsylvania already - and a whole month at my job. It is still great! I work less hours and I'm home by 5 every day - it is glorious! Our house still isn't all the way put away yet though...our closet space is seriously lacking, so about half my clothes are still sitting on the guest bed. I'm on the lookout for a dresser on craigslist, but no luck so far.

It was a whirlwind weekend bc I had to drop Billy off at the airport at 6am on Sunday! He saw Jerome Bettis in first class on his flight through! On Saturday we had to head to Latrobe to drop off his truck, and Lisamarie and Aaron stopped by the dealership to say hi on their way to something for her school. She still can't believe that we see each other often now...but I told her this is life now! Now we're here!

I can say the downside of us being here is dealing with out bipolar tenants in Florida. Seriously. They called us at 10:30 on Friday night to tell us about a broken pipe. Which turned out to be just the faucet on the bathtub falling off. And then they continue to write us emails about how we knew about these "plumbing problems." Idiots. If we knew there we issues, don't you think we would have fixed them before? Because now we have to pay through the nose to have them fixed from 1,500 miles away. But today they were nice and appreciative...so we'll see what tomorrow brings! I just pray that we can sell the house next summer because I don't like being a slumlord!

On Sunday I met an old coworker from FL who was in town

for breakfast in the Strip District. We went to a place that was featured on Man vs. Food an dannnng it was good! I didn't take time to explore all the vendors, but I definitely plan to go back soon. I also made a rookie mistake on Sunday. Not wearing yellow and gold! I felt like such a tool even in the grocery store bc I swear I was the only one not dressed for the game! Never again, my friends.


Patton loves when we're home alone because I let him on the couch!

No comments:

Post a Comment