Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Oh my what an afternoon. I almost went off the deep end. I've never had so many things happen within the span of 60 minutes! I am thankful that I had something fun to do for the evening, or else I am sure I would have been wallowing in my sorrows by myself - well, and with some ice cream. I got home and I see some people that clearly don't live on my street hanging out in front of my house. Looking back, I should have just kept driving - or not gotten out of the car until they left. But I did and they said some inappropriate things to me as I was walking up my steps. Once I got inside, I debated on whether or not to let Patton out - bc he is a big dog and a lot of people are afraid of him. But he is also sometimes a wuss, so I didn't want anyone to see him spazz out and totally ruin his credibility. Instead, I tried to get him to bark...which he did not. I then tried to find the spare key so I could get ready to take him for a walk. The hoodlums has since left. But I could not find the doggone key! My blood pressure continues to rise...but we finally got down to the park and there were the usual friendly neighbors there.

Since I have no upper body strength, I drop kick the tennis ball instead of throwing it. Some crazed dog tried to grab the ball as I was kicking it and I kicked her in the head! I felt TERRIBLE. It is a good thing I had sunglasses on bc I started to cry I felt so awful...and perhaps it was a combination of the earlier incidents. After a while, we get ready to leave, and this very aggressive and bully Husky comes barelling down the hill and tries to attack my baby Patton! I had had it and screamed! Which I NEVER do! But...I don't think his owner even noticed. So we trudge home and then I can't find my cell phone. So I proceed to think that the hoodlums have come into my house with the missing spare key and taken my cell phone. After a couple minutes of freaking out, Billy calls - which helps me locate the phone. He was freaking out bc the last time he talked to me, the perpetrators were outside and then he didn't hear from me for almost an hour!

Maybe these things wouldn't ruffle any feathers with some people...but it was just one thing after another that brought me to the breaking point! I was thankful though, to throw on some clothes and head to a super delicious meal at Melissa's house! Having built in friends here is just so awesome. It makes all the difference! I already have more friends than I did in Florida!

No comments:

Post a Comment