Tuesday, August 9, 2011


The word is out! It is official: we're moving to PITTSBURGH! It is a HUGE life change, but we're excited. The one and only thing I think we'll miss about South Florida is the water and warm weather. This has been in the works for nearly three months and I'm still in awe that it is happening. I have my dear friend, Melissa to thank for all of this because she thought of us when an opening came available in her husband's company. At first we thought, Pittsburgh? Could we? We can and we are! Don't think for a minute that the Steelers didn't make it more appealing! We did our research too though. Last year, Forbes rated Pittsburgh as America's Most Livable City because of low unemployment, low crime, income growth, low cost of living and art/leisure. Sounds like a winner to me!
This past weekend, Billy went up to find us a place to live and found slim pickins! Until this morning, we thought we had a place secured. We received an email saying that a bidding war was taking place with the applicants that were told they were not chosen for the house and they asked us if we wanted to top the last bid AND add in an additional deposit for the dog. No, thanks. Even though the house was super cute and updated(which is a RARE find up there), it was in a "transitional" neighborhood. I don't really care about transitional neighborhoods unless I'm there AFTER the transition. So we dropped back and punted to house #3 - it's close to my work and has a lovely view of the city and stadium. No dishwasher though - hmmm.

T-minus 10 days until we hit the road! We have a call into our realtor to ask him why he hasn't gotten our house rented yet!

3 comments:

  1. Yes!!! You guys are going to love it up here-it's a bit of an adjustment at times, but it'll be a fun new adventure for you two. Has Patron ever played in the snow? He is going to be SO confused! :)

    Go Steelers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad my phone changed Patton to Patron...my phone has an alcohol problem...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Admitting your phone has a problem is the first step. Patton is not going to know what hit him! He is not a tropical dog though, so I think he will embrace the snow...with fond memories of his swimming pool. I think we are going to love it too! 7 days until take-off!

    ReplyDelete