Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I've heard that moving is the most stressful time in a person's life. Things are actually getting a little less stressful as we get closer, but these weeks leading up to now have been HIGH tension. The two big obstacles we have had are finding a place to live in PA and renting out our home in FL. Thankfully, we sign a lease to rent out our house down here today! And the bonus is that they want to move in this weekend, rather than waiting until the first. Billy toyed with the idea of just letting them move in, rent free. He is FAR too generous. Even our realtor thought he was crazy. Billy is always trying to give our stuff away. I'm like, no - I can sell that on craigslist!! This is just another example of how we balance each other out. And argue about everything. I think he was just so happy to get some seemingly normal people in though! One guy has in a wheelchair and wanted to modify our doorways and bathroom, another couple couldn't pay the first last and security, some didn't want to work through our realtor - obv they didn't want to run a credit/background check, and quite a few wanted to move in with their extended family. Yeah, I don't think I want my home to be a haven for undocumented citizens.

Another BONUS about moving to PA is that our auto insurance is being cut my more than HALF! Thank you very much all you uninsured, old, crazy, foreign Florida drivers. You can have your overpriced premiums!

Two days left! We picked up the moving truck this morning and Billy will start packing it up today! My face is a lovely shade of pale with a spattering of breakout from all the stress. Looking forward to a month from now when we're all settled!

No comments:

Post a Comment