Friday, August 12, 2011


Tying up loose ends...

Last night my friend, Lauren came over for a stroll in the park. So great to catch up - until we were chased by a duck on a rampage! She chased us for a good 200 meters! She actually got me on the back of the leg twice before I realized what was happening! Even as I took this picture, she was waddling toward us!
Once we were home, I payed it forward by giving Lauren my bike, most of our beach chairs and some clothes. We are seriously purging - which is something I have a tough time with. I keep thinking, but I might wear it again! The truth is, if I haven't worn it in 2 years, I probably will not wear it. So out the door it goes. And the bike? I haven't ridden it since we moved here - and with all the mountains and hills, it's very unlikely I'll ride it in PA. Over the past month, we have slowly been giving our stuff away. If I had thought we'd be getting rid of so much, I would have just had a garage sale! But I guess we're paying it forward. People have been so generous to us over the past 3 years, maybe it's our turn to start dong our part!

This weekend's goal: get boxes and start packing! Oh, and convince Billy to go see The Help with me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment