Sunday, March 6, 2011

Winning

OMG Charlie Sheen makes me Laugh. Out. Loud. Watching him, I keep thinking, Is he serious? I think he is. But how can someone that is so smart be so dillusional? I'm guessing it's the drugs. That he is not on. Right. So in the spirit of winning, like Charlie, I will list the things below that made me feel like a winner.

1-Finished half of my take home mid-term yesterday. It was not as bad as I expected, because my notes in my book look like I was paying attention in class. Who knew? The other half that I will do today may be another story. It's due 7am tomorrow morning.
2-The in-laws took us out to dinner last night for Mexican and Billy did not get sick. He has a very delicate stomach. :) Seriously though, he gets sick a lot from eating out.
3-We got a great deal on a new air conditioner. We always try to go with small businesses instead of large corporate chains and it paid off! He found us a discontinued model out in California and is having it shipped here. No one wants to buy a new a/c, but ours was 12 years old. We really had no choice.
4-Our electric bill was $65! This may seem like something normal to you, but it can get near $300 in the summer so we loooove winter months down here.
5-I made the BEST spaghetti alfredo with crab meat bc the hard working people at Winn-Dixie mislabeled the crab as shrimp and instead of $14.99/lb, we paid $5.99/lb. Suckers.

Hopefully this week I will continue to feel like a winner! It is spring break for students and faculty. Not for me though. Good news is that my good friend, CandICE is coming to visit from UGA where she is a grad student. Not to be confused with CandACE. Yes, I have 2 close friends with the same name. So half my wedding party Cand(A/I)ce.

1 comment:

  1. Two words come to mind when I think of Charlie Sheen. HOT.MESS.

    This blog post is winning. I love it.

    ReplyDelete