Saturday, March 26, 2011

I'm Still Here

This week has been so busy! One of my coworkers had to leave the country to care for her ill mother and no one has heard from her or has any idea when she will be back, so my workload has easily doubled. No more time for gchat or FB at work right now. I'm earning my paycheck this week, to be sure! But it was also a great week because it was my birthday! I didn't tell anyone I work with, but when I got home I had flowers from my inlaws and gift from my parents and Billy to open. I was being a brat with Billy because I didn't see any birthday cake, but when we were Skyping with my parents, he brought it out from the back room. He knows I LOVE cake! My parents were generous as usual, and Billy got me a pretty turqouise/pearl earring/bracelet set, my brother got me a Massage Envy gift certificate, which I used this morning, and I got a handful of giftcards, which I also put a dent in today. The best find, by far was a Talbots linen shirt dress at TJMaxx for only $20!

I have had a pounding headache all day because our neighbors got a Heineken mini keg last night and I was up late trying to corral Billy in from the backyard into the wee hours of the morning. Last night was the first night all four of us have hung out and it was pretty fun. Mike is 50 and his live in girlfriend is 26. Yeah. She was asking me how I handle Billy's job situation being so unstable because last year she moved out when Mike lost his job. Mind you, he's an electrical engineer, so it's not like he can't get another job. She said a man without a job is like a man without his manhood. I told her I'm married and I couldn't or wouldn't leave Billy. Duhh. It's called committment. We've almost been married for 3 years now and we haven't had the smoothest road, but we always know it can be so much worse and we're in it to win it! No quitters allowed.

Tomorrow Billy is going shark fishing (why?) and I have got some massive reading and writing to do for class. Just 4 more class meetings! I may be reconsidering this 18 hours of graduae english courses because it is freaking hard! I am much better at reading facts and discussing...not interpreting the meaning of some 17th century dude's thoughts on inspiration.
That is all for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment