Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick’s Day! I knew it was today, because today is also my parents’ 32 year anniversary! But it did not even occur to me to wear green! Where is my head? What I did do this morning was tell Billy that I wanted turquoise earrings and a bracelet for my birthday – because I was focused on wearing blue, NOT green. Judging from facebook this morning, it looks like a lot of people are getting into the spirit! I can’t say that we’re doing anything different…and I work until 7 today! What I was reminded of, though, was my trip in 2007 to Chicago with some of the girls I worked for Alpha Phi with. It was so fun, but by the end of 2 days, I was ready to go home and not even look at beer…much less green beer! It was awesome – the party literally started as soon as we got off the “el” . We dropped our bags off and walked down the street where everyone had already clearly been boozing since early morning. There is no way in Helsinki that I could do that now. Heck, after 2 mimosas last Saturday, I was basically down for the count. Here are some pictures to commemorate that glorious green river!

No comments:

Post a Comment