Sunday, August 25, 2013

44 Weeks

Now that Will is 10 months old, I see one year on the horizon!  In many ways, this year has gone fast, but in other ways, when I think back to winter when he was so little, and it seems like forever ago!  It's almost hard to believe he's the same baby.  I remember being SO excited when he started to roll over, and now he's doing something new all the time.

Being close to one year also makes me think about the next baby.  Ideally, I would like to have kids less than two years apart, but that only gives me a five month window from now, and with Will still nursing, that may not happen.  Last week, he started eating more solid food, and nursed less during the day, but not any less at night.  Especially with more teeth pushing through right now!  He is doing better with a sippy cup, and I even bought him another since Amazon sent us a bright pink one. :)  PS- Babies R Us price matches Amazon now!


I did find some mold in one of my pump parts yesterday - yuk!  So down the drain all the milk went.  It may be free, but the time it took to get it all is so valuable!  Speaking of mold, I have been meaning to mention this Boon duck that came in a Citrus Lane(thx, GA!) box.  The description that came with it was so funny, and made me rethink our bath toys.  The manufacturer says, "Not your average rubber ducky. Kids are all different shapes and sizes, shouldn't rubber ducks come that way too? Meet Slim, Bob, Jane, and Squish. We're not trying to encourage a rubber ducky smackdown, but Odd Ducks are PVC-free unlike those other mucky ducks. And ours do not hold water, so they won't grown that black mold that kids always try to suck out."  And what do you know, I sprayed the water out of his other toys - and the mold squirted right out with it.  Why are they made with that air hole??  Now I'm super careful that he isn't spraying the water from the toys into his mouth.  I had just never thought of it like that before!






No comments:

Post a Comment