Sunday, August 18, 2013

43 Weeks

We had a very traumatizing start to the week last week!  We were walking our normal route with our walking buddy and her baby through a trail in the woods.  When we reached the end, we turned around and started back.  I pointed out a deer...er...THAT IS NOT A DEER!  We only saw the back of it, but it had a long tail and we ran so fast in the opposite direction, convinced that it was a mountain lion!  We flagged down a city park vehicle, and they sent Animal Control in to check it out.  I'm sure they were having quite a laugh, thinking we were just a couple of paranoid moms.  I know that mountain lions are extremely rare around here, but it's not totally impossible and I just can't think of what else it could have been.  A very small part of me wishes I would have stayed just two seconds longer to see the front half of the animal...but I'm pretty glad we got out of there like we did.  But then...we were stranded, and our only walking option was on a busy road.  So her dad came to pick us up in his truck...obviously no car seats!  I quickly weighed my options...getting eaten by a large creature vs. a quick ride home.  I believe I chose the less dangerous option!

Then on Tuesday, we woke up without running water in our house!  Thankfully, I had showered the night before, but poor Billy had to take a sponge bath with the cold water we have stored in the basement.  So anyway...back to cute baby pictures:

It was so nice, even in the afternoons this week, that we could go to the park and play on the swings.  We have a swing in our backyard, but for some reason, it is a mosquito haven, and the park is not.  It's just a nice break to leave the house, now that he's pretty much down to one solid(one hour, people) nap, per day.

He's still trying new foods, but only in very small amounts.  This week he tried broccoli, cauliflower, blueberries and chick peas.  Both times I gave him broccoli, I found a floret that he was in the back of his mouth an hour later.  You can see the green in his mouth in the picture below.  Saving it for a snack?
 Our little buddy turns 10 months old this week!  I can't believe it!  He is changing so much, so fast.  He's more fun and growing independent in many ways.  Some nights, he'll get up, and not want to go back to sleep.  So he'll just play with his toys by himself.  The kicker is that he won't do this in his crib, and I have to be in the room.  So yay for independent play, BOO for 3am!  Good thing he is cute!!!  I tried giving him a sippy cup with a straw, because he wasn't understanding the "bottoms-up" concept and he could suck up the milk, but then spit it out.  We'll keep trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment