Monday, August 12, 2013

42 Weeks

The weather here is getting cooler and I can see the end of summer in sight.  Boooo!  I do like fall, and with Will being able to walk in the near future, I think it will be fun to be outside more.  I plan on making him run sprints and chase sticks with Patton.  Because his energy NEEDS to be burned.  This baby is exhausting!  Changing his diaper and putting on clothes is becoming an Olympic sport because he will not sit still!  The other night, I had to lay him on the floor and pin his arms down with my legs put to get his PJs on.  It is sometimes sweat inducing.  He does make us laugh a lot through it all though!  I have been calling him Hurricane Hudgins.  Look at this mess!

This week he learned to climb the stairs.  That is probably a milestone that could have waited!  :)  I also gave him some cheese, which he loved!  Mmm...yes, he's my child.  Last night, he did "bye-bye" with the wave unprompted from me, and he seems to be saying "dada" in reference to Billy now.  No "mama" though.  He is a clapping machine.  In the store, at church, in the morning, at night...even while he's nursing.  I was trying so hard to get him to sleep yesterday, and then he pops up and starts clapping!  Gahhhh!

He's standing for a few more seconds at a time, and always seems so proud of himself!  I'm proud of him too!  We were at the craft store this weekend, and the cashier said he reminded her of her now-40 year old son and she started to tear up right there!  Very sweet.

Billy made slow-cooked pork fajitas this weekend and asked me if I liked them.  I am not a picky eater, and if someone else is making my food, then yes, IT IS GOOD!  He cooked the pork in beer, with cumin, chili powder and red pepper flakes in the cast iron dutch oven.  I recommend!!  I hope everyone had a good weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment