Thursday, April 4, 2013

Let me start by saying I want to punch teething in the throat. I thought Will had been teething since February. But that was just the prelude. Tuesday night was the worst night since those first few newborn nights. I didn't know what to do for him, and I could see and feel the teeth pushing through. Lucky for me, at about 2am I discovered I only had about a half of a dose of Advil left for him. We are now armed with frozen toys, more Advil, teething tablets and gel. I always say it, but really, it must be hard being a baby! Poor guy has no idea what is happening!

In the midst of this, I realized that I had gotten out of the habit of putting Will in his crib for naps. Because I tried...over and over with no cigar. And then I realized, it was my fault! I had been feeding him in our bed in the mornings, so I could catch some Kelly & Michael and letting him sleep there. And then when I would feed him in his room, I would just let him sleep in my arms, because why bother him...and I could catch up on my very important emails and Facebook happenings. The pre-mom Jackie would scoff and say that I am spoiling him. I don't think that is the right word. But I am definitely creating sleeping habits that I don't want. So today, it was back to crib naps.

One other sort of funny thing to mention, is that when Billy tries to calm Will down, he always turns on Alan Jackson gospel songs. He says it soothes him. And from what I can tell, I can't say I disagree. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment