Monday, April 15, 2013

25 Weeks

April is the month of the military child.  I am so thankful that I had the experience of being a military child and  having the opportunity to move around, be pushed out of my comfort zone, and live in different places growing up.  That is why, even now, moving does not phase me.  I miss places we have lived for various reasons.  Obviously the weather in Florida, the shopping options in Pittsburgh, the open space and beaches of North Carolina, the walkability of Charlottesville and the familiarity of NoVa.  Billy and I will be married 5 years next month and we have already moved five times.  I know we will move again, too.

So moving to WV and having to make new friends again was not a new challenge.  In fact, other than the home improvement projects, I would say this has been one of the easiest transitions so far.  Having a baby provides built in social opportunities.  We're going on our third month here, and we stay pretty busy throughout the week with Stroller Strides, Moms Club and now Water Babies.  Ha - where's my minivan?

Will hasn't been doing too much more this week.  Just practicing sitting up and rolling around the room as his mode of transportation.  Sometimes I'll put him down in the basement, and walk into the other side to switch the laundry, and I'll come back to find him clear across the room.  I'll ask him how he did that, and he just grins.  He's napping better(not long, but in the crib a few times a day), and we have a pretty good routine down.

Six months next week!  Ahhhh!

So what is up with all the recipes in my facebook feed?  People, that is what Pinterest is for.  I want to see pictures of your babies and vacations!

No comments:

Post a Comment